Saturday, June 4, 2011

2011 Theme

Every year we hear people say there is no way we can one up the decor we put together for our annual Halloween extravaganza yet we have yet to let anyone down. All I know is that I see so many amazing home haunts put together by the fellow posters at Halloween Forum that I have to only laugh and say just wait and see. Just as I learned when I was just a wee pirate, there will always be someone bigger (which is no small statement since I am of a rather large stature myself) and that will motivate me to strive harder to silence the naysayers.

Luckily for me, I have an amazing partner who somehow caught the BooBug as well. As she increases her tool dexterity, so does our display. If only I could find a better way to balance the BooBug so it does not take 6 months of hating my guts as we (mainly she) builds and destroys a corner lot filled with all things spooky.

So what do we have in store for you this year?

Well, the amazing Miss Julie has requested an enchanted forest so on this mission I must go. My challenge was how do I incorporate all my pirate wares into a forest? We determined that New Orleans has water, forests and pirates that could all be included in a "Boo Bayou".

Bring on the voodoo, Spanish Moss and Zydeco because we are spreading the contagion of a ragin' Cajun and won't be stoppin' til it's Fat Boosday.

No comments:

Post a Comment